Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fanny Pack

This is a piece that I completed during the Typography course that I took at DMACC last year. Our assignment was to take any quote and make a visual to accompany it.

I first started by making a list of different quotes or song lyrics that I liked. I then began writing down ideas for the visuals that might be able to go along with them. In the end this is the one I decided had the strongest preconceived concept from the start.

I took a front profile photograph of myself and then made sketches for the letters, words, and the rest of the piece. After all of my sketches were done, I then scanned those in and used them as my base for my Adobe Illustrator illustration. I used them as references to help aid along my drawing process on the computer.

I'm definitely happy with the outcome. The whimsical, hand rendered words and cartoon style drawing further add to the funny content of the actual quote from Weird Al Yankovic. I think I shall soon submit this to Weird Al for some fanart recognition.

2 comments:

  1. I love your hand drawings! the font its great and all the colors go together very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome piece. Simple shading gives it depth and yet maintains the cartoon appearance. The style of the typography in it easily represents the odd, bizarre humor that is Weird Al.

    ReplyDelete