Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Family Tree

This is a piece I created while I was still in high school. I wanted to simply come up with a new spin on the traditional family tree.

I made several different sketches to begin my creative process and this is the one I ended up liking the most. After I chose which theme to go with, I then had to find all the photos I wanted to use. Most of the photos were old pictures from family albums which I then had to scan into the computer. After all that was compiled together, I then was able to open up Adobe Photoshop and start collaging different images and layers together.

Although this isn't the traditional family tree style where you can see all the direct links to descending family members, I think it's a fun, new twist to the old concept. You still get the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment